If you constantly find yourself lying in bed at night beating yourself up for not living up to the expectation of the strong mom you always imagined you would be, then these strong mom quotes will quickly help put things back into perspective.
Being a mom is undeniably one of the hardest jobs in the world.
And many underestimate just how hard being strong mom can feel.
Being a strong mom is more about how we perceive ourselves rather than how others perceive us.
We constantly compare ourselves to unrealistic images we see on social media only to feel frustrated and defeated when we feel like we fall short of these, often times, unrealistic expectations.
There is a reason reading quotes online is so popular and that is because it can help you keep things in perspective with relatively few words.
These quotes can help change how you think and talk about yourself and build confidence in your ability to be a strong mom.
So, the next time you find yourself stuck in the comparison trap or questioning your ability to be a strong mom, here are 45 of my favorite uplifting strong mom quotes to remind you just how beautiful, crazy, challenging, demanding and selfless being a mom is.
5 Signs You Are A Stronger Mom Than You Think
- You constantly question if you are doing a good job and the right thing.
- Someone once told me that the fact I even question if I am doing a good job shows that I care enough to be the best mom I can be. Questioning and analyzing your parenting shows just how strong you are because it says that you are willing and eager to make any changes to be the best mom you can be.
- Your children openly and willingly talk to you.
- Communication is the most important thing in your relationship with your children. Whether your child is an open book or takes a little more time to express themselves, if your little ones feel comfortable talking to you, then you are exactly what your child needs.
- You are always working on ways you can do better.
- Your kids come to you when they need you most.
- Okay, so you don’t jump at the opportunity to play chef with Play-Doh or build that fort they begged you to build outside. But are you instantly there for them when they feel scared, are sick or lonely? Yes you are and that makes you a very strong mom.
- They feel unconditionally loved
- Remember, actions speak louder than words. And it can feel like you never do enough for your kids. However, no matter how many impatient moments you’ve had, or how much you feel like you are failing, your kids know that they are loved by all the little tiny things you do all day to keep them healthy, happy and ALIVE!
60 Uplifting Strong Mom Quotes You Need To Be Reminded Of Daily
Use these quotes to remind yourself just how challenging motherhood can be and that you are stronger than you think.
Self care is not selfish, it’s self-love.
“Taking care of yourself is part of taking care of your kids.”
Neglecting yourself is not a requirement of motherhood!
“That moment when you think you don’t have time to take care of yourself is the exact moment you need to take care of yourself.”
Your kids love you more than you know.
“Even on the days you feel like you are failing, look around and I promise your kids still think you are the best mom the whole universe.”
This proves shows you how much you are needed.
“Nothing is really lost until mom can’t find it.”
You sacrifice so much.
“Mom- One who sacrifices her body, sleep, social life, spending money, eating hot meals, energy, and sanity for Love.”
Never give up.
“Strong mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up despite the struggles.”
There is no handbook that comes with motherhood.
“Motherhood is a choice you make everyday to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own. To teach hard lessons. To do the right thing, even when you’re not sure what the right thing is….and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong.”
“Here is to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.”
This is how to justify wearing workout clothes all the time!
“Motherhood is an extreme sport, that’s why we have to wear workout clothes every day.”
“Strong women don’t have attitudes, they have standards.”
You are relentless!
“The strongest people aren’t always those that win but rather those who never give up when they lose.”
Children are such a blessing.
“Being a mother is not about what you gave up to have a child, but what you’ve gained from having one.”
Motherhood is beautifully difficult.
“Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.”
You are a good mother!
“There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”
You are constantly thinking of others.
“When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.”
You cannot be replaced!
“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”
But fathers are great too.
“It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.”
Thank goodness for wine!
“Motherhood: Powered by love. Sustained by wine.”
This sums up motherhood perfectly
“Some days I amaze myself. Other days I look for my phone while I’m talking on it”
It is very scary…and funny
“Of all the haunting moments in motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughters mom.”
Even when you feel you are incredibly weak, question your ability or wonder if you are even doing the right thing, one thing is for sure and that is you are stronger than you think.
Brooke is a certified Prenatal and Postnatal Exercise Specialist with a Bachelors of Science degree in Kinesiology-Exercise Science. She is also a mom of 3 girls with more than 15 years of experience in health and fitness. Brooke’s goal at Struggles of a Fit Mom is to help motivate, educate and inspire other busy mamas who struggle with finding time, energy and motivation to take care of themselves in the chaos of motherhood.